Rain, is good.

This week raced by in a flash and before I can even blink, it's already SUNDAY, the start of another week! Am sitting here all blurry in the wake of our trip to Malacca yesterday, counting the variety of food we had. Surprised myself how I could limit my quantity so I was able to sample a wider variety. Nice to feel touristy once in a while even though it's only 2 hours out of Kuala Lumpur. The key topic of this post is my chance discovery of a cafe that just made my 'Favourite Cafes List' - which is not that long..... YET. The lingering afternoon rain made us wonder into this quaint little corner cafe/bar yearning for a nice uh..(insert warm drink name). Since it was already evening and the apt time for a happy hour drink, we opted for beer instead. Oh BEER! How I missed you. That's besides the pintpoint :) GEOGRAPHER CAFE , a nicely restored pre-war shophouse in the heart of the infamous Jonker Walk is a beautiful sight of East meets West. A good blend of both travellers and locals alike, coupled with the traditional architecture sums up a whole different experience! I particularly like how I can enjoy a nice drink in a casual and cosy environment while looking out onto the bustling activities on Jonker Walk. Almost felt like I wasn't in Malaysia. The interior of the cafe, from it's bright vibrant colours, to the red tiled floors gave it an almost Mediterranean feel. Observing the happy tourists gathering at the cafe instilled further in myself the desire to travel. Will be back someday again to this lovely joint where all forget about our troubles and reality for a while and just get lost in the great sight and ambience!

Comments

Popular Posts