The Blog and The Country

The concept of the blog can be the epitome of all weird things sometimes. I realise I have a lot of tram-related stories but yeah whatcha gonna do! As far as the Yarra Trams tagline goes, trams are a Melbourne icon. Yeah whatever. As I was saying, blogs can be pretty weird at times simply because you have absolutely no idea who could be reading yours religiously or stalking you or know so much about your life and yet have never even seen you in the flesh. Yesterday while on the tram, the girl whose blog I religiously read steps on and sits right beside me. Needless to say, she does not know me and I do not know her and yet you have the tendency to grin an evil grin and think to yourself HEH I KNOW YOUR LIFE. Of course, that's not my intention la. But still, it's pretty damn weird given I know a fair bit about her life while she just sits there oblivious to that fact.

Hmm.

Well time just fires past you doesn't it? It's MERDEKA again! Happy 50th Birthday my beloved country! The country with the most awesome food in the world!!! I AM getting a little hyper here ain't it?

Speaking of Malaysia, I am reminded of an encounter a few weeks ago. I was waiting for the traffic light to turn green to cross the road. A bunch of Malaysians were standing next to me and one of the guys just dashed across the road seeing there were no cars around. One of his friends reacted by shouting, 'Eh! What you doing? Think Malaysia??'.

I had the longest laugh what with his accent and everything. Only Malaysians will understand. HAW HAW HAW.

Comments

Popular Posts