The Nostalgia That Hits

Echoes, silence, patience and grace.

That's the title of the Foo Fighters' 6th studio album scheduled for release on September the 25th!!!! WEE OH WEE. Absolutely cannot wait baybee! And I'm definitely loving the name of the album. Four words aptly and immaculately put together. In addition, with album release, I can smell another Foos concert coming my way. Oh Rod Laver Arena I am anticipating our reunion for another mind-blowing, ear blasting and heart-throbbing concert coupled with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins. Slurp.

Speaking of the Foos which is undoubtedly the soundtrack of 2005, a bevy of memories have come cascading back. While reading the Platform screen at the train station this morning, the words Ferntree Gully blended with the gust of wind that always follows when the train is coming through the tunnel slapped me right in the face. So standing there alone with the Foos blasting through my earphones, recollections of the 2005 Melbourne family trip surfaced. I dearly miss my family back home. Dad and his lame jokes, shopping with Mum and my little sister who will always remain a baby to me no matter how old she gets. It's frustrating to know that she is growing up so fast but I cannot be there to watch her as she does. Somehow having pancakes at The Pancake Parlour does not feel the same without the family. Or travelling the Great Ocean Road instills a different kind of fun and perception of the place's vast beauty. I miss the fresh oysters purchased from Springvale and later baked to a cheesey perfection, I miss the scrumpdiliumptious Vietnamese food, I miss the scones on Mt Dandenong, I miss catching squid in the dead of night in Frankston with Mum looking like a bag lady, I miss navigating Dad through Melbourne with MelWay in hand, I miss the wine-tasting, strawberry/cherry picking in the Yarra Valley and I could pretty much do these stuff again now but it simply doesn't illicit the same feelings.

But lighten up as come end of the year, the experience will come floating back. Why do we torture ourselves so by travelling across seas and oceans in search of greener pastures when everything is right back at where we set out from?

I am striving to be a near domestic goddess by staying at home more and cooking hearty meals which I can enjoy while indulging in Korean dramas. The menu for today is: Century Egg Porridge! Being the BAD BADDDDDDD cook (but pretty damn good baker HOHO) that I am, let's see how it turns out and whether I will finish the freaking HUGE pot I have prepared. Gosh Min, when will you ever learn about portion control??

Comments

Popular Posts