The Michelle Branch Song

There's always a wholesome feeling associated with being indoors from the incessant rain and bitter cold, with not only a steaming hot bowl of Shin Ramyun but also a Korean drama that makes the tears stream off your face like the weather outdoors.


It's just the constant splattering of noodles on my keyboard that pisses me off.


After watching one of DBSK's mini dramas the other day and seeing how they were enjoying a bowl of ramen with those thick yellow noodles and tasty broth, I couldn't resist and went out to grab a few packets of Shin Ramyun as well as the Shin Cup version just cause it looks fun. I even 'googled' on the vast array of instant noodles around the world and found a website that blogs on instant noodles and they rated Maggi's Tom Yum flavour a 0/10. *Laughs* What the heck. I personally think the Tom Yum's pretty good.

While listening to Michelle Branch's Find Your Way Back, it suddenly dawned on me that my blog's 1 year and 2 days old as of today. Indeed, time really flies. The song reminded me of my short trip to Melbourne during the winter break last year. The nights on my brother's living room couch watching Top Chef and Scrubs, the afternoons spent binge eating and snacking on Tiny Teddies and Chocolate Chip cookies as well as the late mornings hiding blissfully under the blanket from the biting cold knowing I don't have to get up at all. Even the particular smell of my brother's living room is ecthed in my mind. Of course la, seeing how I spent my days and nights there with the couch as my bed.

A year on, things have changed. The Uni, location, surroundings and situation have all undergone transformation. It's not as if I dug my hand into a box and picked out an answer. Everything just kind of happened and fell into place. It feels very much different. It's a mixture. Good and bad. Either way, I am not complaining. Life's all about enjoying and being happy ain't it?

It's utterly amazing what a song can do. The memories it can create and bring back to you in a flash.

Comments

Popular Posts