A Message

I remember I used to flip through my Mom's cookbooks and marvel at the wondrous pictures of beautifully presented dishes. The delicious apple glazed baked chicken, succulent roast lamb and colorful little cupcakes. The moment I spotted anything that looked remotely tasty or exciting, I would pester my Mom day in day out to pleaseeeeeee make it. Eventually she did of course and made tiny teddies. I spent many merry hours helping to give those tiny teddies a pair of eyes, a nose and a mouth. If I felt like it, I would also give them clothing. It felt great to be creative and also derive so many different teddies. I would watch as she popped the trays into the oven and out comes my beautifully decorated teddies! It felt jolly. It felt Christmasy. Thereafter, whenever holidays came around, the pestering would begin. My Mom would succumb every time and there was almost a year's supply of teddies. As I grew up, laziness kicked in and I no longer felt like these activities and would rather read a book or watch TV or go out.




Looking back, I dearly miss cooking with my Mom. Should have learnt a trick or two and not be a total noob now. Luckily, Mom's just a phone call away for cooking (and seasoning, which is the MAJOR problem) advice. She's also just a phone call away for solutions to my worries, stress and bouts of depression.




I miss shopping with Mom. How I need her advice and also how she heeds my advice in attire.




I miss hanging out with Mom - following her to the market on Saturday mornings and having breakfast at Heng Lee thereafter. Mmmmm....kaya toast.




I miss reading the papers with Mom. How we discuss the daily affairs and how she would always tell me to watch out and be careful with regards to how some young girl has been conned or whatsoever.




I miss her LAME jokes with Dad. How they would always be the only ones laughing.




I miss her cooking and her stealing my clothes.




Basically, I MISS MY MUMMMMYY!!!!




Here's an early wish even though my Mom's a total noob with the computer and hardly knows how the internet works which probably means she wouldn't be reading this:




HaPpY MoThEr'S Day! <3




You always see through me and know exactly what I am thinking. You always say the right things to make me feel better. You are the pillar giving all of us support and I love you forever for that.






____________________________




Speaking of cooking and what not, look what I whipped up for lunch and dinner today:




It's a take out tray from a Korean restaurant which I totally adore. Their kimchi soup is DIVINE. Michelle ta-paued the soup and didn't want the rice + side dishes so I took everything and just added my own dishes. Pretty? It makes me feel Korean.


Currently listening to: Grazed Knees - Snow Patrol


Comments

Popular Posts