The Daily Run

Whenever I have the chance to sleep in late, I somehow stir in bed and decide I don't want to lie in bed while the marvelous sunshine seeps in through the sliding glass doors. But when I don't get the chance to savour sweet slumber, thoughts of staying in bed wrapped up in my comforter feeling warm and toasty bug me like my sister telling me she wants to watch Bugs Bunny. This is with reference to this morning (afternoon, really), when I woke up to the sounds of Sunday morning traffic and a craving for Big Breakfast the size of Texas. Pancakes drizzled with syrup and butter would have also made the cut. Of course, I resisted with massive determination and poured myself some Special K cereal instead. Plugging in my headphones, I ate, listened to The Wallflowers and read some news on CNN.com. Oh, how I multitask. A perfect morning.

Walking through Big W today amongst shelves and shelves of books, the urge to grab one and run to the check out counter hit me like a boomerang. Borders would have been paradise but it was already closed at the time. Resistance seems to be the driving force today since again, I resisted and trudged out in haste. Why oh why do you mock me?

Right this moment, I feel like plating out a selection of cookies and serving tea while everyone sits and chats throughout the night. I also feel like changing out of my clothes, slipping into PJs
and lying down to read my new book if I had gotten it. Grrrr. Money issues. I suppose the former is possible except the fact that I have neither cookies nor tea. Lygon is just a street away you know? Then again, what's my new trend?

Time on hands but resources seem scarce. Times like these, the internet is where you seek solace.

Currently listening to: Run - Snow Patrol

Comments

Popular Posts