Everyone's already in Australia but alas I'm still here. I'm still hereee! No worries, I'll be out of here in a little over 2 days. I sound like I cannot wait to get out of here but I am very much reluctant. Another year of missing the food, people and well, the food.

So, my life has undergone a change in direction. Not entirely major but of course there's always the element of fear + anticipation + expectations. I always believe that everything happens for a reason and God has arranged for me to take on this change as well as challenge. In the same way, opportunity knocked and I opened the door to welcome it. I have no idea what God has in store for me so let's embark on the first step in this journey and begin the adventure. 2 days!

Without a doubt, I am going to miss Newcastle. It was home for almost a year to say the least. The memories created remain vivid and thanks to the wonders of the camera, our moments were captured and documented. The wonderful and crazy bunch of friends I had. Thank you all for being the fun people you guys were, the study buddies when needed and shoulder to lean on in moments of sorrow. I would not have pulled through without you all. The beautiful beaches which still never cease to impress me plus the jaw-dropping distance of walking we did day in day out, the obvious addiction to AIC coffee and cake or the number of weirdos we came across. And the night we went to try the clubs in Newcastle and who we met? (eh eh Wen Ya and Ze? haw haw) In addition, who could forget the Sydney trips we took - the crazy amounts of shopping and eating as well as our constant delight whenever we stepped into the Asian grocer at World Square. Cheryl, Emm and Juju - I had one of the best times squealing, shouting and singing along at The Fray gig. That was one night I would never forget. Also my housemate Emily! You were an awesome housemate and I miss your crazy antics. The amount of Simpsons DVDs you owned, dissing the most hated housemate in all of Morpeth and that deal we made to travel to Sydney to get Foo tix! Even though Foo didn't work out, it was awesome to know you shared the same enthusiasm. Cheers!!



























The classic line we all shared: 'Oh shit, today is Friday.'
So many good times shared, I am definitely going to miss Newcastle.
Almost one week ago, I was, in the words of Coldplay, stuck in reverse. I had no visa, no flight ticket outta here and no place to stay. Way to go right? That's the main reason why I'm still here anyway! But thank God it's been sorted out!
So as life is uncertain and new things have come my way, let's just savour them and enjoy student life while we're still at it! : )

Currently listening to: Run - Snow Patrol

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is great info to know.

Popular Posts