Goodbye 2006, Hello 2007!

And in the wink of an eye, 2006 is drawing to a close. In just a few days, we would be welcoming the arrival of 2007 with much anticipation and hope. What would the new year bring? A brand new beginning? Plenty of wonderful surprises?

Looking back on the year, 2006 has truly been a rollercoaster ride no doubt. Saying that there were abundant challenges, obstacles and mountains to climb would be an understatement.

2006 spelt the start of a new way of life for me in a totally foreign country. Being physically removed and placed in unfamiliar surroundings can be torturing to one's emotions. It was literally naivety, curiosity, excitement and fear blended, seasoned and served fresh. Of course during the initial stages, excitement overshadows most feelings and little did we know it would be an uphill climb most of the way. For all I know, I did hit rock bottom myself. During those moments, help and consolation did arrive in the form of family and friends and I cannot thank them enough. You guys know who you are! =p It definitely kept me fighting.

Nonetheless, 2006 was not without its charms.

Staying abroad almost the entire year made me appreciate my family more. I discovered who were the ones who really cared about me, found my inner self and understood myself at a deeper level. I also noe clearly know what I want and what I don't want, and how important it is to follow your heart in whatever you do.

The trip to Melbourne I took in July was way awesome. Saw one of my favourite bands live and upclose, truly an experience of a lifetime that nothing can trade for. ALL worth it. Later in September, The Fray made my day with the awesome performance in Sydney. What more, I got to meet Isaac Slade. Crazzzzyyyy.

Here, I wish everyone a fun, prosperous and successful year 2007. May you all be healthy and well. Have a great year ahead!!

Comments

Popular Posts