Spirited Away

It's been long since I've watched a movie which is so good, it's almost impossible to rip it off my daily thoughts. I have never been a big fan of anime. However, Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away made me change my mind. I watched this movie on Monday while being sick, sad and totally depressed. Little did I know it would pull me head-first into the story and forget in entirety what was going on all around me.

An amazing storyline coupled with animation of the highest technical calibre. The movie touches on simple and basic human virtues which many of us very often forget the importance of. Obvious as it is, these must never be overlooked as Miyazaki reminds us. A movie of realization as one grows from childhood into maturity, it also offers several moral lessons from the dangers of greed to respecting your elders. It even hints on the crucial importance of love for the environment.

Spirited Away has touched my heart in ways I cannot imagine. I embrace wholeheartedly what Miyazaki is trying to convey. Adventure, fantasy and integrity morphed into one and served beautifully, Miyazaki is definitely a genius at work. Not to forget his creative and unique characters.

The soundtrack to the movie is beautiful as well, and remarkably captures each and every moment in the movie. This is one that's definitely topping my favourite movie and music charts!

Comments

Popular Posts