How To Save A Life

Headed hastily down to Hamilton this afternoon to grab my Fray tickets after finding out I can actually buy em from a music store there. I was running insanely late cos I had to stop by my real estate agent to complain for the umpteenth time, the problems that were erupting non-stop at my house.

Caught the 4.17pm bus and reached Hamilton a little over 5. Literally speeding down Beaumont St on my 2 feet, I scanned with my eyes for Beaumont Street Beat, a quaint little music store on the corner of Beaumont and some street. Poor Wen Ya was trailing behind me but I had to beat the 5 o'clock closing time!

When I finally set eyes on the signboard of the store, my 2 feet gained unexplainable speed while I burst through the store doors only to be disappointed later. The sleepy lady at the counter said their computer system had been shut off since they were closing soon. Translation: NO TICKETS. I was ready to cry a bucketful of tears. They told me to come back again tomorrow. No way was I coming back again tomorrow after a rushed bus ride here! I needed my tickets! So I tried my luck again, literally begging them to switch on their computers again just this once.

'No...sorry...you just gotta come back tomorrow...'

PISSED was the word right then.

'Nah...it's alright, you guys can go...I'll do it for her...it'll just take 5 minutes...' These beautiful words hit my ears at that moment and this guy wearing a green shirt came from the back of the store. I was ready to hug and kiss him! Joy was spilling out of my ears! He took the trouble to switch on the computer, load the webpage, type in The Fray and get my tickets for me when he was ready to leave. GOSH...I was sooooooo freaking ass happy I could not describe. He explained everything regarding the tickets to me and I asked away everything I needed to know. It was like a light shone down from the ceiling onto him.

So tickets in hand and feeling totally euphoric, we headed for dinner at a Chinese/Malaysian restaurant. Had Sang Choy Bow, Laksa and CKT. The Sang Choy Bow was flavoursome while the Laksa and CKT were mediocre and nothing to shout about. Still, asian foods rock! No matter how much you eat, you NEVER gain weight. Really?


Sang Choy Bow and My Malaysian Laksa

Wen Ya's CKT

2 fat faces and a lot of food.....

Went for coffee thereafter at Gloria Jean's. Indulged in a Mudslide Mocha while Wen Ya stuck to skim latte. Everything skim eh? haha


'Stars of the day.'..and the reason why we were at Hamilton in the first place

Green shirt-wearing Music Store Guy...this goes out to you!!! Thanks a million! You're an angel! You certainly know How To Save A Life.

Laughs and smirks.

i get to watch The Fray!

Comments

Popular Posts