The Hardest Part

'And the hardest part was letting go not taking part...'

I wholeheartedly agree with Coldplay on this line.

Am back in Newcastle (more like stinkhole...), gone through the 'waking up in the wee hours of the morning to catch my flight', painful and teary-eyed goodbye, 'quivering speech when relating all the great times I had in Melb', fucking long queues to check in our bags and all the 'heavy-hearted boarding of planes' phase to safely reach the state of New South Wales.

A tremendously huge blanket of 'homesickness' has wrapped around me once more. Back to facing my four brick walls, drowned in suffocating solitude, tears about to burst out any minute, eating from a near empty pantry with only the likes of Coldplay and The Fray to fill out my emptiness within. GAWD!!! Can this get any worse?

I have grown to know Melbourne even better than stinkhole despite being there for only 19 days and here for almost 6 months! NOT a good sign.

I miss the familiar walls of Flinders Street Stn, how it's become my meeting point and how it was my window to the city. I miss the busy streets of the city, how they were always jam-packed with people, how trams travel up and down and how they were donned with beautiful high rise buildings (shit....I sound like a fucking idiot). I miss the splendid variety of foods offered by the city, the 'scrumpdiliumptious' Chinese food, the spicy Indian cuisine, refined Japanese fare and cafes with to-die-for cakes as well as hot chocolate. I miss the convenience of the train and tram system where getting around is not so much a chore but rather a fun ride to me. Last but definitely not least, I miss the comfort of having family within reach, the comfort of not having to worry about anything. This is so hard...

I have to be strong. I am and I will be...

help me through this

Comments

Popular Posts